16.9.13

Cover it up!

School still hasn't begun (not that I'm complaining :D), but that means that I'm practically all day long browsing through YouTube videos. Oops!  I watch all kind off stuff on YouTube, trailers, music videos, funny cats & dogs videos, videos of people falling, ... But, most of all I watch covers of songs. And I can do that all day. Guilty pleasures and all. But, this way I discovered a lot of good singers/musicians on YouTube through the years, who - I think - deserve a record deal. But hey who am I to decide? :) I am a great music fan and I think YouTube is a good instrument for the musicians as well as for the music lovers! Via YouTube you discover new music and new artists. So I'm pro YouTube! They just need to get rid of those adverts!

A put together three YouTube videos, which I think are the best covers of my three favorite songs of the moment. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do & if you discover some really cool artists on YouTube, please do not hesitate to tell me about them!!! The more music, the better!

Wrecking Ball - Lily Elise & Julia Harriman (song originally sung by Miley Cyrus

Love love love Miley's new song. Great lyrics and she sings it with so much emotion. Love it! Don't love the music video as much as the song, but I understand why she did what she did. She's  telling a story with the video. So, I understand her choice. BUT: these two girls are amazing! The vocals are just - no words! Great great great cover! Nothing but love. 



Roar - Tyler Ward & Two Worlds (song originally sung by Katy Perry

Roar by Katy Perry - my anthem! What else can I say. Like I said in the previous blogpost, this song has helped me enormously, and it still does. It will always have a special place in my heart. I'm a huge fan of Tyler Ward and I follow him already for a few years. I think he is amazing. He sings, plays instruments, produces and now he is working on his album! Yeeeey. I saw him live a few years ago and  he is just the best! Love him. Also, the harmony on this song - whooow! :) 



Royals - I Want Altitude (song originally sung & written by Lorde

Love Lorde, just everything about her! She is 16 & her writing skills are just beyond! Yeah, I think this girls will be going places! I don't know the real name of the girl who sings the cover - I think she is called Andie?, but her voice - in love! Suits the song :) If you want to skip the intro & go directly to the song - go to the 1.28 mark. Cheers! 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten